1. Describe how urine is formed and eliminated from the body.
II. Subject Matter
-The urinary system cleanses the blood of wastes.
-Each kidney is made up pf about 1 million nephrons. The nephrons are the tiny filtering unit of the kidney
Science Processes: Observing, Inferring
Materials: Pictures/ Illustrations of the urinary system, kidney, nephron.
New words: Filtration, reabsorption
III. Suggested Activities
Explain how the process of cleansing takes place inside the bodies.
1. Do the find out activity.
-Describing how urine is formed and eliminated from the body
2. Explain how kidneys cleanse the body of wastes and how urine is formed.
3. Explain the importance of cleansing the body wastes.
Ask these questions:
1. How do the kidneys cleanse the body of wastes?
2. Why is cleansing the body wastes necessary?
-Explain the principles involved in the operation of dialysis.
React to the open-minded questions on I Value These.
Do the Try Yourself Activity
Answer the Find out More Activity
Words of Wisdom or Not
5 weeks ago